Thanks to the Government’s Kickstart Scheme, we are growing our team.
We have two exciting opportunities for enthusiastic young people aged between 16 and 24 who would like to join our team to help us deliver our community projects and kick start your career.
We are looking for dynamic and imaginative people who are motivated to work in the North Kensington community.
As Communications and Admin support worker, you will have the opportunity to help with the effective communication and administration of our activities by working on a wide range of projects and events. This position will involve meeting and greeting people, helping with enquiries and assisting colleagues with their tasks. There will also be the opportunity to learn about social media as well as learning how to create publicity material that attracts people to our centre.
As Community Development support worker, you will work with the Health Programme team supporting their work with the BAME community in Kensington and Chelsea. This involves arranging workshops and events that help improve the lives of our local residents while conveying health promotion messages to our community.
THIS MAY BE THE ROLE FOR YOU IF:
- You are aged between 16-24 years
- You are currently claiming Universal Credit
- You have good written communications skills
- You are organised and know how to get things done
- You are confident in your ability to work independently
- You are a keen learner
- You are excited by what we do at Dalgarno Trust
These roles are based at our community centre in North Kensington. We are a flexible, lively and engaging team that enjoys working with people.
We especially welcome applicants from the LGBTQ+ community, of marginalised genders, people with disabilities, people with experience of living in a community like ours and Black, Asian and ethnic minority candidates.
- Assisting with a varied range of administrative tasks from supporting the organisation of events to helping with our foodbank to answering the phone and greeting people on arrival at our centre
- Taking part in discussions, bringing your own point of view, insights and ideas; exploring issues that are relevant to our community
- Assisting with promoting the wide variety of activities on offer at the Dalgarno Trust
- Support the whole staff team where necessary to ensure the timely and effective delivery of our brilliant projects.
- Job type: Flexible 25 hours per week
- Contract: fixed term of 6 months
- Salary: £10.85 per hour
- Location: Dalgarno Trust, 1 Webb Close, London W10 5QB
To apply, please prepare a covering letter with an accompanying 100-200 words demonstrating how the Dalgarno Trust’s work relates to you – this can be written, filmed or even submitted as a voice note. We are happy to receive a CV too, but this is not essential.
Email your files to: email@example.com
Closing date: 31 August 2021
Please note: As these roles are through the Government Kickstart scheme, you will need to seek a referral from your Job Coach in order to be considered.