The Dalgarno Trust is a community centre serving North Kensington.
Our programmes include
Community Connect – Healthworks – Dalgarno Youth Programme – VIP
We also run a Foodbank every Thursday.
Our current objectives are to
- Bring adults and children of all ages from diverse and disadvantaged backgrounds together to help fulfil their potential, break the cycle of poverty, ill-health and deprivation.
- Offer a range of services such for self-development. This include access to health and well-being awareness, education, training, social and cultural opportunities.
- Create, develop and support a strong, inclusive, vibrant and active neighbourhood.
- Make sure that services, facilities and amenities are of the highest quality and accessible to all individuals and our community.
- The Dalgarno Trust works for all members of the community with a strong commitment to inclusion and diversity for all.
The people with work with include
- disadvantaged and hard-to-reach people
- those experiencing social isolation
- those with long-term ill-health
- those with physical and/or learning disabilities
- vulnerable people of any age and their carers.
We work with many local groups, often in partnership, and through offering space within our community centre to each one.
The Dalgarno Trust Trustees
Left to right: Ali Mohammed, Christopher Herbert, Steve Divall, Michelle Poponne, Paola Tavaridakis, Chris Griffin
Say hello to our team
We couldn’t offer the amazing support and services we provide without the hard work and dedication of our fantastic team.
Photo: Ann with Maureen
I re-joined the team in September 2017, and I am now responsible for all aspects of volunteering at the centre. It's great to be back serving the community from Dalgarno.
I joined Dalgarno’s team in 2015 as a community Development worker and HealthWorks programme manager from October 2018.
It’s great to work with warm, supportive and energetic team and pleasure serving Dalgarno’s Community.
I joined the Dalgarno Trust as their youth worker in December 2017. Previously, I was working with the Kensington Trust developing and delivery activities of all types for a range of young people in the Dalgarno area.
Photo: Mahbuba with Papia